Samsung 980 1TB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD/Solid State Drive
UPGRADE TO BREATHTAKING NVME SPEED
Release the potential of the Samsung SSD 980, whether you need a boost for gaming or a seamless workflow for heavy graphics, the 980 is the smart choice for outstanding SSD performance and it's all backed by an NVMe interface and PCIe 3.0 technology. The compact M.2 form factor provides versatility and flexibility for various high-performance computing solutions in capacities of 250GB, 500GB or 1TB. With a 5-year limited warranty, the 980's optimized endurance comes with proven reliability thanks to Samsung's in-house solutions, from the state-of-the-art controller to V-NAND and the latest firmware.
GET RIGHT TO IT
The 980 harnesses nearly all the speed advantages of PCIe 3.0 through HMB technology and dramatic NVMe efficiency. The DRAM-less design delivers exceptional value, achieving breakneck sequential read/write speeds up to 3,500/3,000 MB/s*, over 6.2x the speed of SATA SSDs.
DURABLE NICKEL COATING
High-performance SSDs usually require high-performance thermal control. fOR stable performance, the 980 uses nickel coating to manage the controller's heat level and a heat spreader label to deliver effective thermal control of the NAND chip.
DYNAMIC THERMAL GUARD
Embedded with Samsung's cutting-edge thermal control algorithm, the 980 manages heat on its own to deliver durable and reliable performance. To minimise performance fluctuations in the long haul, Samsung's Dynamic Thermal Guard technology maintains the 980's temperature at optimal levels.
ACTIVATE THROUGH SAMSUNG MAGICIAN
Keep your SSD running at peak level for nonstop, consistent high performance with Full Power Mode. Switch it on through Samsung Magician software to always keep your SSD in active mode. Instantly jump right back to intensive work with huge files, graphics-heavy games or even normal PC usage.
- ApplicationClient PCs
- Capacity1,000GB (1GB=1 Billion byte by IDEMA) * Actual usable capacity may be less (due to formatting, partitioning, operating system, applications or otherwise)
- Form FactorM.2 (2280)
- InterfacePCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.4
- Dimension (WxHxD)80.15 x 22.15 x 2.38 (mm)
- WeightMax 8.0 g Weight
- Storage MemorySamsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC
- ControllerSamsung Pablo Controller
- Cache MemoryHMB(Host Memory Buffer)
- TRIM SupportSupported
- S.M.A.R.T SupportSupported
- GC (Garbage Collection)Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm
- Encryption SupportAES 256-bit Encryption (Class 0)TCG/Opal IEEE1667 (Encrypted drive)
- WWN SupportNot supported
- Device Sleep Mode SupportYes
- Sequential ReadUp to 3,500 MB/s * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Sequential WriteUp to 3,000 MB/s * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Read (4 KB, QD32)Up to 500,000 IOPS * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Write (4KB, QD32)Up to 480,000 IOPS * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Read (4 KB, QD1)Up to 17,000 IOPS * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Write (4 KB, QD1)Up to 54,000 IOPS * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Average Power Consumption (system level)*Average: 4.6 W*Maximum: 5.3 W (Burst mode)* Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
- Power consumption (Idle)Max. 45 mW * Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
- Allowable Voltage3.3 V ± 5 % Allowable voltage
- Reliability (MTBF)1.5 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
- Operating Temperature0 - 70 ℃ Operating Temperature
- Shock1,500 G & 0.5 ms (Half sine)
- Installation KitNot Available
- Management SWMagician Software for SSD management
- 5-Year Limited Warranty or 600 TBW Limited Warranty